Friday, February 24, 2012

Gerard Butler In Rehab

'300' actor reportedly entered treatment three weeks ago for substance abuse and 'pain management.'
By Jocelyn Vena


Gerard Butler
Photo: George Napolitano/FilmMagic

Gerard Butler is currently seeking treatment at the Betty Ford Center.

According to TMZ, the actor is in rehab for a number of substance-abuse problems including prescription drugs and cocaine, but the focus of his problems are in "pain management."

The site reports that his problems stem back to 2006, when he was shooting "300" and the physical demand took a toll on him. The problem was reportedly aggravated on December 18, when he hurt himself on the set of "Of Men and Mavericks" while surfing.

He reportedly entered the rehab facility three weeks ago after he realized he had been using prescription drugs too much and didn't want it to become a full-on addiction. The site reports he is expected to leave sometime Friday (February 24).

He actually opened up about the surfing incident when he appeared on "The Graham Norton Show," calling it a "pretty close call" back in January. "The movie that I'm making is about big surf. I had been out there paddling ... and then suddenly these waves came out of nowhere. I'm paddling on my board and it came and it was about 30 feet high. I was under... I ripped my leash off. I'm just tumbling, tumbling, tumbling. And then I felt the next wave go. All I'm thinking is, 'There's a whole film crew out there,' " he recalled. "I've had a few hairy experiences in training for this movie. This time, I was under for almost a minute."

The incident took place at Maverick, a surf site near Half Moon Bay, California. The film follows Jay Moriarty, a famed young surfer who died at 22 free-diving. Butler plays his mentor, Frosty Hesson.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679841/gerard-butler-rehab.jhtml

Mike Figgis Mike Hodges Mike Judge Mike Leigh Jerusha Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment