Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sixth-Grader LIGHTS UP High School Basketball Competition


Damon Harge may be 5'4" and in sixth grade, but he is torching high school kids at basketball right now. In fact, he's one of the nation's best H.S. point guards!

Imagine when he's taller, heavier and more experienced.

Despite his age (12) and weight (120), Harge is competing at the high school level for Creedmor (N.C.) Christian Faith Center Academy and more than holding his own:

"I looked him up and it's hard not to be impressed watching his YouTube videos," Christian Faith Center Academy coach Kendrick Williams told ESPN of Harge.

"I wasn't sure about how that would translate on the varsity level, but I was excited to find out. I just kept thinking 'he's only 12?'"

He is, and once scored 50 POINTS at a national tournament in front of former #1 NBA draft pick John Wall, who immediately emerged as Harge's #1 fan.

"The kid was unguardable," Wall said, recalling that game. "I knew right away he was a star. I just wanted him to continue to work hard."

"Yeah, he should be concentrating on having fun, but, at the same time, what's he gonna say, 'No thanks, I don't want to be ranked right now?'

Plus, I'd be shocked if there's a player that's more skilled than him at his age. It's not wrong and it's not his fault. It's just the day and age we live in."

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/12/sixth-grader-lights-up-high-school-basketball-competition/

Jessica May Jessica Simpson Jessica Sweet Jesús Franco jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment