Sunday, March 25, 2012

Game Says Going Independent May Be A 'Really, Really Good Move'

Rapper's fifth LP, F.I.V.E., could be his last album with Interscope.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Felicia 'The Poetess' Morris


Game
Photo: MTV News

Game only has one LP left on his Interscope contract, and after he drops the follow-up to 2011's The R.E.D. Album, the platinum-selling Compton rapper will contemplate his musical independence.

"Independent. That seems like a really, really good move where I can capitalize off of all the finances being made off of my music for once. But, I don't know, I kinda like having a lot of help, a lot of assistance from a big label," Game told MTV News on Thursday. "I don't know, maybe we'll have a meeting about a lot of money or I'll be talking to my conscience."

Earlier this month, Game announced his new album title, F.I.V.E., to XXLMag.com, but it may be some time before it hits shelves. "I haven't even started working on it yet. I first came up with the album title, which is F.I.V.E., and then came up with its acronym, which is Fear Is Victory's Evolution," he explained to MTV News. "It's got a good concept, and once the budget is open on that I'll get to rolling."

Game, who was the subject of Thursday night's "Behind the Music" on VH1, is reluctant to offer up anything resembling a release date due to the multiple push-backs that he's experienced with The R.E.D. Album. "You what I learned from this last album is to never give anybody a date to anything; I'll let the label do that when it's time," he said.

On Wednesday, Game released his "The City" video with Kendrick Lamar. But it looks like that will be the last single he drops off of The R.E.D. Album. "Personally I'd like to just move on and get the budget open for my fifth album, which is something I don't think Interscope is too much in a rush to do, being that it's my last contractual, obligated album on the label," he said. "I would love to just keep it rolling."

Should Game go independent or stick with Interscope? Leave your comment below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681694/game-five-album-interscope.jhtml

Bridget Moynahan Bridget Powers Bridgette Kerkove Bridgette Monet Bridgette Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment