Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Half Way There

After deciding to take it easy on the 7 mile run early Saturday morning, I knew I’d have to make up the run sometime Sunday. So, that’s what I did. I spent a couple of hours at the gym yesterday running my buns off … and I managed to complete a half marathon distance! Surprisingly, I felt so fresh after my run that David and I were able to meet up with Emma for a dinner/movie date last night. I’d say I had a very productive Sunday, wouldn’t you?


I knew I had to run at least 7 miles and I almost stopped at 7 … then I almost stopped at 10 … but I was so close to reaching a new level by hitting the 13 mile mark that I just kept going. My knee pain did return, unfortunately, but I managed to slow down enough when needed to stay on track. My pace was about a full minute slower but … I did it :) I am happy, y’all. Knowing I can run a half marathon distance feels really good :)

So, yeah, I was deffo in the mood to celebrate last night. Hanging with Emma is always a joy. She took us to an amazing Cajun restaurant in Hermosa Beach and then we went to see the EXCELLENT film Beasts of the Southern Wild (review forthcoming). I know it may not sound too exciting but I am really, really happy with my Sunday Funday :)

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/pinkisthenewblog/~3/jGsRWv9uNYc/

brad pitt angelina jolie jennifer aniston Miguel Arteta Miguel Littin

No comments:

Post a Comment