Thursday, July 26, 2012

Watch: ‘Brokeback Mountain’ Director Releases A Trailer For His New Film, ‘Life Of Pi’

Ang Lee (Oscar-winning director of Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and Sense and Sensibility) is determined to change our lives… again. The new trailer for Life Of Pi is beautiful and intense and moving, all in about two minutes worth of shots with no dialogue. It’s as fantastic as the Oz, The Great And Powerful trailer, but moves the viewer with images reminiscent of Beasts Of The Southern Wild. Also got a Noah‘s ark vibe as well. Real, live, epic poetry in motion, inside.

Life Of Pi: First Trailer

Ang Lee is absolutely brilliant, but I understand that he had a great work of art as his starting point; Life Of Pi, the best-selling novel by Yann Martel. I don’t know what rock I’ve been living under, but I still haven’t read this book, although I definitely remember hearing about it. I understand that the story follows an Indian boy named Pi, who is (as we saw) shipwrecked at sea with a Bengal tiger. In the film, Suraj Sharma plays Pi and Tobey Maguire will play Martel, the book’s Canadian author. Something tells me this movie will be all-the-more spectacular after a close reading of the novel.

Who’s read the book? Maybe you can tell the rest of us how this trailer compares. I, for one, am excited!

Source

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/pinkisthenewblog/~3/LS7Ivhe0-Cw/

Mike Hodges Mike Judge Mike Leigh Jerusha Hess Jerzy Kawalerowicz

No comments:

Post a Comment