Thursday, July 26, 2012

Martin Scorsese And Siri Team Up In The New iPhone Ad

Last year he brought us Hugo, and this year he stars in the newest ad for the Apple iPhone 4S. Martin Scorsese can do whatever he wants and whatever he does, I will watch. Inlcuding this ad, over and over for no reason other than that it’s Martin Scorsese and seeing him helps me (sort of) believe that he’s a real person, and not a demigod. This ad renders him totally human– he’s just like me, in a NYC taxi, trying to figure out the fastest way downtown. Oh– and he’s got a meeting at 2 pm. I always have a meeting at 2 pm. Just like Marty… I call him “Marty” sometimes. And apparently, so does Siri. Check out the new ad featuring the greatest director of our time (sorry Wes, sorry Spike, sorry James, sorry Quentin, sorry Woody, sorry Madonna), inside.

Marty + Siri 4eva

One reader at The Hollywood Reporter thought that Marty should have said one more thing to Siri: “You talkin to me?” But they’re totally saving that one for the Joe Pesci ad. I hope.

I heart Marty! He can do no wrong and he’s adorable in this ad. I’m kind of interested in seeing who else Apple will line up for these celeb/Siri mash-ups. So far we’ve seen Samuel L. Jackson, Zooey Deschanel, and John Malkovich. I think my fave (because yeah, I have a favorite iPhone 4S celebrity ad) is the one where John gets “some pretty spectacular advice” from Siri — he brings out the “deep” in everyone… and everything, apparently.

Also, I can’t help wondering if Marty will ever have one of his characters use Siri on-screen. The Departed was as much about technology as it was about gangsta ish; can you imagine all of those intense phone moments re-worked with Siri in them? LOL. Actually, no the entire movie would fall apart. Jack Nicholson/Costello‘s crew would have totally known where Leo was when he said he was in the grocery store and missed the call, but he was really meeting with the cop. So yeah, never mind.

Still, the best part of this whole movement is the series of iPhone 4S parodies. This one comes comes courtesy of HBO‘s Funny Or Die. Zooey Deschanel‘s “brother” Jooey Deschanel is also enjoying his rainy day with Siri:

Source

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/pinkisthenewblog/~3/go0hu0E0AGw/

Mike Leigh Jerusha Hess Jerzy Kawalerowicz Jerzy Skolimowski Jesie St. James

No comments:

Post a Comment